Future Mobile Web Services and Applications
|Research field||Advanced Community Information Systems (ACIS)|
Mobile communication technologies have penetrated to everyday life invisibly in the developed world. However, mobile communication, mobile internet applications and services could have much stronger impact on future of developing countries in the world, where traditional network infrastructure is not well or even not established.
As a sub project of the research cluster UMIC within the German Excellence Initiative, it aims at exploring future application scenarios of mobile services to support wide user communities to perform social, scientific, educational, economic, environmental activities in developing countries. To that end, requirements in the aspects of performance, reliability, security, energy efficiency, software architecture etc. need to be analysed systematically. Through the state-of-the-art information technologies such as advanced database technologies for spatial objects and multimedia, service-oriented architecture, and new concepts of Social Software and Web 2.0, context-aware community information services are in expectation.
Within this UMIC area, several sub projects are in progress. (1) The case study of ACIS to support cultural scientists communities in the relief work in Afghanistan within the UNESCO-project is the first step to the goal. (2) The Community of Bamiyan Development provides professionals a platform to share knowledge, to promote international, intergenerational, interdisciplinary and intercultural cooperation, and to take up the challenges in Bamiyan preservation together. (3) Virtual Campfire is a framework of mobile social software to bridge wide communities and diverse multimedia.
- Mobile context-aware community information systems for cultural heritage management
- Metadata standards based multimedia adaptation and retrieval for mobile devices
- Mobile data management
- Mobile social software and mobile communities
- Department of Urban History (Stadtbaugeschichte), RWTH Aachen.
- RWTH Aachen Center for Documentation and Conservation
- Informatik 4 (Communication and Distributed System), RWTH Aachen
- Mobile Storytelling for Social Software Engineering (2009)
- Data Uncertainty in mobile context-aware Multimedia Systems (2008)
- Uncertainty in Spatio-Temporal Databases for Cultural Heritage Management (2008)
- MobSOS - A Testbed for Mobile Multimedia Community Services (2008)
- Community-basiertes Storytelling im Web 2.0 (2008)
- Spatiotemporal Community Context Modeling and Adaptation for Information Systems (2007)
- An Advanced Map Services for Cultural Heritage Communities (2007)
Trust-aware Media Quality Profiles in Fake Multimedia Detection
Published in Proceedings of the International Workshop on Multimedia on the Web, in conjunction with i-Know and i-Semantics 2011, 7–9 September, Messe Congress Graz, Austria, PP. 27-32, IEEE Computer Society, 2011.
Mobile Multimedia Cloud Computing and the Web
Published in Proceedings of the Workshop on Multimedia on the Web (MMWeb2011) in conjunction with i-Know and i-Semantics 2011
The Hero's Journey - Template-Based Storytelling for Ubiquitous Multimedia Management
Published in Special Issue on Journal of Multimedia (JMM): Advances in Interactive Media Technologies, Vol. 6, No. 2, 2011, pp. 156-169, Academy Publisher.