Benjamin Heitmann, Ph.D.
Lehrstuhl Informatik 5
6012, ground floor, building: E2
|Phone:||+49 241 80 21528|
|Fax:||+49 241 80 22321|
Dr. Benjamin Heitmann is a post-doctoral researcher at the Information Systems chair (Informatik 5) at RWTH Aachen University. His research interests include approaches for balancing privacy and data mining through data analytics approaches with built-in privacy guarantees, as well as personalisation using knowledge graphs and the architecture of data intensive ecosystems. He holds a Ph.D. from the National University of Ireland, and an M.Sc. in computer science from the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology. The topic of his PhD thesis is a framework for cross-domain personalisation using semantic interest graphs. He is a member of the program committee for the SEMANTiCS conference and the ESWC Semantic Web Conference. In addition, he has worked as a software architect and team leader on collaborations with high profile industry clients. In 2014 and 2015, Benjamin worked as a post-doctoral researcher at the INSIGHT Centre for Data Analytics (NUI Galway, Ireland), which was previously also known as the Digital Enterprise Research Institute (DERI). During 2015, he was also the Galway Tech Lead of the Learnovate Centre in Dublin, Ireland, which is an industry-led centre of excellence for innovation and research in learning technologies.
GPG fingerprint: 3CD5 A4E8 4D57 5D32 E1F2 9FF1 77B7 1B7F 8B81 5F70
- Developing a decentralised personalisation approach for secure peer to peer environments (Open)
- Developing a personalisation approach using distributed processing on the blockchain with Ethereum (Open)
- Developing of benchmarking suite for libraries which enable algorithms to use encrypted user data (Open)
- Anonymising and de-anonymising of heterogeneous graph data containing personally identifiable information (Running)
- Developing of a privacy enhancing personalisation approach which hides user data from cloud service providers (Running)
Benjamin Heitmann, Conor Hayes
Published in Workshop on Semantics-Enabled Recommender Systems (SERecSys) at the IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM) 2016
Towards the use of graph summaries for privacy enhancing release and querying of Linked Data
Published in Workshop on Society, Privacy and the Semantic Web - Policy and Technology (PrivOn 2016) at the International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC) 2016