How to find us
Coming from Düsseldorf on the A44 or from Cologne on the A4 drive to the Autobahnkreuz Aachen [motorway intersection Aachen]. From the intersection change to the direction Aachen-Nord, Antwerpen, Heerlen (note the signposts). Leave the motorway at the second exit Aachen-Laurensberg, -Richterich, Herzogenrath and drive in the direction of Aachen (Zentrum, RWTH, Westbahnhof) [Aachen (Center, RWTH, Western Railway Station)]. After about one kilometer take the first slip road at the right to the Toledoring in direction of the Uniklinik [Clinic] (note the signposts). Leave the dual carriageway at the second exit behind the tunnel RWTH-Hörn, Halifaxstraße (do not take the exit RWTH-Melaten, RWTH-Hörn). Now you are in the Halifaxstraße. Turn left at the third crossing into the Mies-van-der-Rohe-Straße. After 100 metres at the left you find the drive to the car park of the computer science building.
By train & public transport
Starting from the central station there is no direct bus connection to the computer science building.
- By foot through the Bahnhofstraße (opposite the main gate of the central station) down to the Theaterstraße. There you take the bus number 33 (direction Uniklinik or Vaals) as far as the bus stop Halifaxstraße (driving time about 20 minutes).
- When you leave the main station, cross the big street in front of the station, and get one of the busses with direction to Bushof. Get of at the inner city bus stop Elisenbrunnen (diagonally opposite the theatre) or the central bus station (Bushof). The bus numbers 12, 22, 23, 75 (direction Hörn Physikzentrum) and 33 (direction Uniklinik or Vaals) drive to the bus stop Halifaxstraße (driving time about 20 minutes).
- Bus schedules are available here, the bus numbers 12/22/23 and 33 go every 15 minutes during working hours.
Alternatively, you can go to the station Aachen-West instead of the main station of Aachen. At the exit of the station, go right and follow the street "Seffenter Weg". After 200 metres, turn left into Mies-van-der-Rohe-Straße. After 500 metres, you will reach the computer science building, which is nearly on top of the hill.
The premises of the Lehrstuhl für Informatik 5 are in the second floor of the extension wing E2 (entrance Mies-van-der-Rohe-Straße).
For travelling to Aachen you can choose one of these airports (ordered by distance to Aachen):
- Maastricht-Aachen (in The Netherlands)
- Moenchengladbach (in Germany)
- Duesseldorf (in Germany)
- Cologne/Bonn (in Germany)
- Brussels (in Belgium)
The closest airports are Maastricht or Moenchengladbach but they do not have many international flights. The airports Duesseldorf and Cologne are about 1:30 hours away by train. Brussels is two hours by train.
The best way to get to Aachen from any airport (or from the Netherlands, Belgium or other cities in Germany) is by train. Train schedules, also for international trains from Belgium, France or the Netherlands, are available here.
For your convenience, we have designed a map with all the major landmarks on the way to our chair. See the map!