The International Workshop on Information Management for Mobile Applications (IMMoA'12) targets to provide a forum for discussion about technologies and mechanisms, which support the management of mobile, complex, integrated, distributed, and heterogeneous data-focused applications.
Topics of Interest
The list of topics includes but is not limited to:
- Data management and integration in mobile peer-to-peer networks
- Data stream management in mobile applications/environments
- Data stream mining for mobile applications
- Mobile Cloud Computing
- Data integration in mobile settings
- Context-aware mobile computing
- Applications using mobile data management techniques
- Query processing and optimization for mobile systems
- Real-time data processing in mobile applications
- Security and privacy for mobile data management
- Pervasive data management
- Transaction processing in mobile applications
- Expert systems for mobile information systems
- Sensing and acquisition of data in mobile environments
- Data sharing and interoperability in mobile applications
- Managing data intensive mobile applications
- Management and processing of geospatial data
- Mobile health data management and analysis
- Pervasive health systems and services
- Location-based services
- Mobile data management systems and middleware
- Knowledge representation and reasoning in mobile applications
The proceedings of the workshop will be published online as a volume of the CEUR Workshop Proceedings, ISSN 1613-0073, http://www.ceur-ws.org, a well-known website for publishing workshop proceedings. It is indexed by the major publication portals, such as Citeseer, DBLP, and Google Scholar.
Furthermore, we plan a special issue in a journal on mobile information systems (e.g., Journal of Mobile Information Systems or Pervasive and Mobile Computing) for which the authors of the best papers of the workshop will be invited to submit an extended version of their work.
The submission guidelines can be found here.